Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Take it outside

I have slowly been "fixing" my etsy shop. I read all the stuff about taking good pictures. In lieu of going completely outside which requires going down two flights of stairs, I was taking my photos near a window. They seemed to be OK. Yesterday, late in the day, after the kids were home from school, I decided to try taking some photos outside -- the way everyone says you should.

You be the judge:

Inside-the-house photo


Outside-the-house photo


It's pretty obvious that they're better outside. Now I just have to do all of the other items in my shop and we're good to go.

3 comments:

w said...

good luck re-taking all your pics. i had to do that at one point (a while ago). but it was worth it. all those items are gone. besides, just think of it as a great cardio work-out going up & down the stairs.

Anonymous said...

I just did the same thing. A PITA, but worth it. absolutely worth it! Looks great.

letitiah said...

ooh, i love the outside photo. does so much better justice to your work. i'm also in the process of re-photographing everything; it's not fun but I do think it's worth it -- especially with your work! the second photo just pops!