Monday, October 1, 2007

Kitties & Kiddies


We have a new kitten in our house. We picked her up yesterday morning. She is a kitten from a litter born to a cat that lives behind a daugther's friend's neighbor's house (follow that?). Her very unique and creative name is Cally. Ok, well not so unique and creative but we like it. She is extremely afraid of our dog, Ginger, at the moment. We are slowly introducing them. I took her to the vet today and she has conjunctivitis and worms. Not really that surprising given where she came from. She was living totally outside and roaming from backyard to backyard here in Brooklyn. I feel like I have a newborn. I was up and down with her all night trying to calm her down when she went into a crying phase. Unlike newborn babies, however, she will quickly (within a week, the vet said) grow more comfortable. I have had many cats in my life but I haven't had a cat in about 12 years. It's fun.

5 comments:

Cora said...

Awww, what a cutie!
Hopefully by this time next week she will be compelty settled in - maybe even 'friends' with Ginger :)

Emily said...

She looks like such a sweetie. I hope her adjustment to being a part of your family goes smoothly!

Anonymous said...

Awe! What a sweetheart :)

Anonymous said...

Kittens are so cute and sweet! I love the name... I had both a Callie and a Calico :) My friend's cat looks a lot like yours and her name is Reeces.

w said...

awww. so sweet. i'm sure she already loves her new home.