Thursday, August 2, 2007

Applique Hat Project

Starting making this hat today and took photos for the step-by-step process.

First I embroidered the felt flower to the front of the hat

This is what it looked like when I was finished. My stitches are not exactly the same all the way around the flower. I guess that makes it look more handmade which is both a good thing and a bad thing, depending on your perspective. At least the gods won't be angry with me.

Next I finished making the top of the hat and then attached the lining to the inside.

Then I made the rim (don't have a good picture of this) and attached it to the hat.

Sewed grosgrain ribbon to the rim on the inside for a clean, finished look.

Had my younger daughter try it on so that I could photograph it for etsy.

No comments: